Raspberry Pi Jams are something of a phenomenon. Independent and run by volunteers, they gather together people from all walks of life to celebrate the Raspberry Pi in particular, and digital making in general. They have spread throughout the world, from humble beginnings in the north of England to the Far East and North America, and they show no signs of slowing down.
We are proud to say that joining the Raspberry Pi Jam family Pimora is the first ever Raspberri pi jam in Sri Lanka organized by the Eclub of University of Moratuwa.
Jam 1 of Pimora was a 3 day session
- First day was a beginners workshop followed by a hands-on session implementing an image recognition platform based on a server on Rpi.
- Second day was a Talk about raspberry pi related projects & usage of Rpi mostly related to robotics and automation fields with the presence of a resource person.
- Third day was a Show & Tell with the presence of four resource people demonstrating their raspberry pi related projects in robotics and automation areas.
- Most importantly a LinkedIn badge was issued for participants who completed provided tasks.
Jam 2 of Pimora was a 4 day session with an Ideathon at the end.
- The first day was a Talk on a Vision-related project using Raspberry Pi with the presence of a resource person.
- On the second day, an interactive workshop on computer vision was held.
- The third day was a talk hosted by a resource person demonstrating an IoT-related project using Raspberry Pi.
- The Fourth day was a workshop based on IoT.
- At the end, an ideathon was held to test the gained knowledge of the session participants.
- A Linkedin badge was issued for participants who completed the tasks provided.
Jam 3 of Pimora is coming up, and more exciting things are to be expected.
- An inspiring series of Talk sessions and Workshops related to Robotics, Drone Technology, and Machine Vision, conducted by expert people in those areas.
- Open session for undergraduates and technology enthusiasts.
- Stand a chance to win a Linkedin badge by completing guided projects.