• To create a shared platform for the alumni and the department to collaborate for the betterment of the industry and academia.
• To promote a continued relationship between the alumni and the department, and amongst themselves.
• To inform the alumni about exceptional achievements and recent events of the department.
• To build an extensive pool of professional contacts to assist and support the department’s efforts.
• To initiate and conduct beneficial welfare activities and projects for the department.
“For scientific research evaluated by peers and published in the year 2009 in international scientific journals cited in the Science Citation Index, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics—Part B: Cybernetics 2009, Vol. 39, Iss. 3 pp. 658–671.
Award for Research Excellence—May 2007 at the annual Western Research Forum organized by the Society of Graduate Students at the University of Western Ontario, Canada.
Dr.Samiru Gayan’s paper ” Novel Enhancements for Node Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks” has won the Best Paper award in the Information and Communication Technology track at the ICIAfS 2014 conference.
Ranked among the top 15 in the world, Received an Honorable Mention in this competition in 2019.
Issued by IEEE CAS Society in sept 2020.
Issued by Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka (IESL) in 2020.
BR41N.IO Brain Computer Interface Virtual Hackathon in 2020.
MERIT Award for the Final Year Research Thesis: “Designing a Cost-Effective Dry Contact SEMG Sensor System for Controlling a Bionic Hand” in 2020 by SLAAS.
Awarded by Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science for the best undergraduate projects of Sri Lanka in 2020.
Gold Award for Tertiary (undergraduate) student category in the NBQSA National ICT Awards 2020, for the project “Vision-Based Adaptive Traffic Control” and has been nominated for the APICTA (Asia Pacific) awards held in Malaysia this year, organized by BCS.