The group focuses on three areas:
- Development of novel architectures for application-specific processors in the area of networking, machine vision, video processing and machine learning.
- Efficient on-chip implementation of advanced algorithms that can exploit massive parallelism available at the hardware level. Development of IP Cores, which can be considered as building blocks for complex Systems on Chip (SoC) is given top priority.
- Development of RISC-V processor on FPGA to be a plug-in replacement for Xilinx and Intel soft-processors.
- Application specific processors for machine vision, video processing and Networking.
- Neural Network Accelerators on FPGA. Research at ENTC
- RISC-V Processor development on FPGA.
- FPGA architectures for uncompressed professional video transport over IP networks.